Sunday, November 3, 2013

Meatloaf 2.0

Looking to add more red meat to my diet, I decided it was finally time to try the “Everyday Meatloaf” recipe from my new cookbook.  Along with squash and fried potatoes, I considered meatloaf to be the bane of my existence in my youth.  But again – thumbs-up to the Lupster for being a good sport – I decided to try to put my head down and find a way to enjoy this.  The first batch was HUGE, dry, and hella-onion-y.  Not to be dissuaded, today was try #2.  And actually... tasty!  Here is:

Meatloaf 2.0

1 lb ground beef
½ cup almond meal
1 egg
½ can tomato paste
1 small garlic clove, minced
½ tsp salt
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp ground black pepper
 

Preheat oven to 350ºf.  Using your hands, mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Place into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.  (Or until meatloaf is no longer pink in the middle.)  This meatloaf wins!  I will have no problem finishing this dish. 

Next time ‘round, I might add ½ to 1 tsp of cayenne pepper. 

 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home