Sunday, December 1, 2013

Beet & Citrus Salad


Last summer a co-worker brought in a lot of garden vegetables for us.  The beets were my favorite.  I don’t know how it happened that I came to like beets – but I sure do.  I’ve always thought they were so pretty when cooked – but stayed far far away from eating them.   
This ended up one of my top three favorite recipes of the summer.   Please enjoy:
 Beet & Citrus Salad
Dressing:
1 tbsp Dijon
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp celery seed
grated grapefruit peel
2 tsp grated ginger
2 tbsp cider vinegar
¼ c olive oil.
4 tbsp lime juice
Pepper to taste

Salad:
2-3 Beets
2-3 Grapefruit
2-3 Oranges
¼ c. Slivered almonds

Cook and slice beets into wedges.
Peel and slice grapefruit and oranges.

Place all fruit and almonds into a bowl, mix.  Toss in dressing.
Options:  This is nice with a handful of feta cheese.  It is really tasty with thinly sliced onion.   This chick can’t eat (many) onions, so I just leave it out.  But it really is tastier with onion.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home